CAS Commodity Professional
In cooperation with the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, the Lugano Commodity Trading Association (LCTA) and the Zug Commodity Association (ZCA) offer a certificate of advanced studies CAS for commodity professionals.
The certificate programme will provide attendants with a thorough understanding of the commodity industry and their characteristics. Knowledge got across will provide employees of commodity firms with detailed skills, enable service providers to better understand their clients, and give graduates the tools to enhance their careers.
The CAS Commodity Professional combines theoretical know-how with hands-on learning experience provided by achieved guest speakers. This programme prepares the participants to take on management or specialist functions within the commodity industry.
- Basics of Commodity & Geopolitical Dynamics
- Commodities within the value chain
- Shipping and Transport
- Trade Finance
- Basics of Risk Management
- Legal Aspects and Compliance
The CAS Commodity Professional is primarily designed for:
- employees and young professionals of companies from the commodity industry, who would like to expand their education in commodity trading
- employees working for service Providers from the commodity industry (e.g. audit, legal, shipping, risk management, insurance, etc.)
- those who are considering a career change and would like to work in the commodity industry
To be admitted to the CAS Commodity Professional, applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- tertiary education: University, University of Applied Sciences, Federal Professional Education and Training PET diploma (“Höhere Fachschule, Höhere Fachprüfung, Berufsprüfung”)
- good knowledge of the English language (fully taught in English)
In individual cases persons with adequate qualifications may be admitted “sur dossier” (e.g. vocational training and five years of professional experience).
- Language: English
- Location: Zug and Lugano (50 % of classes in each place)
- Class size: 15 – 25 participants
- Credits: 15 ECTS-Credits
- Duration: 8 months, 18 days totalling 150 hours of coursework plus self-study programme. Classes take place approximately three days per month (Thursday until Saturday).
Further Information and Downloads
The Flyer can be donwloaded under the following link: CAS Commodity Professional 2018
For further information, please visit www.hslu.ch/commodity
Switzerland has a solid experience in training apprentices with a dual mode structure: school days at the “Handelsschule” and working days within an employer (host company). This has been applied by many companies, including PWC, Amgen, Johnson & Johnson, Shell and 140 others since years with great success.
The partnering between host companies and students gets facilitated and supported by a local organization called bildxzug.
For further information, please visit bildxzug.